|Re: [eigen] Plans for EigenSolver|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Plans for EigenSolver
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:22:12 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=EdyREXnkZeDvlOdx8khIIi9Ce0xdkx/PGwLj+aY1Ju4=; b=m5mrbDVpaW6NJ9FPuDd3//5ExVFXoOkMdjnDtuiWFvUzqS3ZqAzuJu3b7yrixSLqBA 8s/LTsx7gx2UonfKWGR1iFWm9Dzl9RNkJKYIL4RKshG9vYd25j4XPZuCCccxcn7ktUhe RMUy5YthUHovJwsLyzVLTxXQ4/wetJr3s4lIE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=kLcsoQhtRXd7hGXnZ6zjvkzR4UsEBTCtF2Mf0uq0SmOiK3kc7m60DXsn6mIsnF6pAs oAPNklovqUz0wuwvHXZzH++wYAjSXgUMwkdNxF/3n8aPe9Pi2yhTPM9/QnYBBeOZMZYm +R3bysnuLhhWHhs6gLRpVTjpmbMb/PjOJiw5s=
2009/8/18 Jitse Niesen <jitse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 2. I rewrite EigenSolver along the lines of SelfAdjointEigenSolver, possibly
> working with Benoit (and others) to achieve this. This may be more useful
> (there is more interest in eigenvalue problem solvers than matrix function),
> but I'm not sure it's efficient because Benoit works much faster than me.
..... BUT if you want to rewrite EigenSolver on your own, by all means
do it ! ;) it's just that i'm not able to help at the moment.
I think that Gael just made Hessenberg use the new Householder
transformations, which is a good first step, you'll have to do on your
own the rest.