Re: [eigen] Non linear equations solver

Hello Tim

Well, in fact CMinpack has been translated from FORTRAN to C so it is not neccesary to link the main program with FORTRAN code. The C code is portable (at least GCC 4.4.0/MSC 9 tested) and easy to be linked.

In addition when talking about including it in Eigen, I meant first to "eigenize" it..., so first to change the Matrix types and second to include as much as possible Eigen code inside to speed it up.

The idea of joining Eigen with old but mature packages in areas not developed yet like parts of LAPACK as proposed by Tim or (it seems) MINPACK sounds attractive.

If anybody has a solution to have ready in two months a library compatible with Eigen covering non linear equation solving (or DAE solving...) please give some ideas. If anybody does not like to "contaminate" Eigen with FORTRAN or f2c translated old packages also can give his/her opinion.

Best regards
Koldo

2009/7/23 Tim Hutt <tdhutt@xxxxxxxxx>
2009/7/23  <koldo.ramirez@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello list
>
> I have been searching MINPACK ports to C and it seems the most complete is
> CMinpack (http://devernay.free.fr/hacks/cminpack.html).

It's actually pretty easy to call FORTRAN routines from C/C++. I wrote
a bit about how to do it with LAPACK here:

http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Lapack

It'd be cool if people could expand that page a bit...