From: <koldo.ramirez@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2009/7/21
Subject: Re: [eigen] Non linear equations solver
To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Keir

N-R uses a multidimensional secant method using global strategies for zero finding based on line searches. N-R indicates that hook step and dogleg step methods "have a reputation for robustness even when starting far from the desired zero or minimum". They seem to do line searches when far to the zero and cuadratic when close to the zero so that the convergence is better.

In some sets of equations I use I have found convergence problems that sometimes slow the program and others avoid to solve the equations. This is an important problem so I really need something better.

Do you have a test program so that I can try it?

Best regards
Koldo

By the way: I have seen the YouTube "Matchmoving with libmv: Now with Suzanne!" in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hswISipCv2M, and it is amazing!. Excelent job.