Re: [eigen] Diagonal matrices diff

I did not read your patch carefully (no time right now) but initially
I thought it would be better to keep DiagonalCoeffs and add a new Band
class (for compilation time, more specialized API, etc...).

see what I wrote:
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=SpecialMatrix#skyline.2Fband_matrix

Also I don't understand how your patch works.  The former
DiagonalCoeffs class is able to represent any sub/super diagonal but
that's it, and I don't see where is the extra parameter allowing to
represent a band, i.e., a set of sub/super diagonal....

more comments when I'll more time...

Gael.