|Re: [eigen] Diagonal matrices diff|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Diagonal matrices diff
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 14:59:25 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=dl8UhE9jWsLV/YaS9yQSnTO/goKHwrn4bjC30NeSLNo=; b=uis+6+Hu1twRx1VPsXo3DBKsT7IGwEkRn4qr7syedbVJ3LaUcUSvIASNLl0no6/Wge ouphJT9rC8tJG2X51CIxtYvtN2m9Eqr91cK5paOwbrtqqo8yrbT/+ftqhcOL++6p0bmD oqRpkElgYZLQ+aYKA6YbjoD8KMdgzFvotz+pw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ozJ37U156guzZyXPBO1qzO9phHgprOayHq4kNizxBFENhFHsDGIrNS7XYgwTBdHkII /aROj3iUyAKblxFNifnL/oZ0eJA7x7GBT/pxcl/y681o0ZPdcVW9fHRCom8rtEf8afJ7 dLGKUs8S6UJ9VTvrx+NHlrhAwLDXgCn/5ctOA=
Out of curiosity i did it:
It's a great tool indeed when reviewing a diff is needed. I'd like to
encourage people sending us diffs to use it.
But frankly in this particular case the question is more whether Gael
agrees with the principle, he doesn't really need to review carefully
2009/5/9, Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>:
> A suggestion: Instead of mailing a diff, use Rietveld to post
> something for review. It's much easier to review that way instead of
> the raw diff; you don't need to have eigen checked out to see the
> If you have a gmail account, you can already use it. It's very easy to
> post new reviews.
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>> before i can do the svd i need Banded matrices, for which i needed
>> some improvements in DiagonalCoeffs.
>> So here's a patch but as it is changing several things i thought i'd
>> ask for your opinion (you know who you are) before committing.
>> * rename DiagonalCoeffs (clumsy name) to Band. I tried first Diagonal,
>> but that name was already taken by a constant Diagonal which is used
>> for various things already.
>> * rename the template parameter DiagId to Index.
>> * keep diagonal() unchanged, returns a Band<Derived, 0>
>> * rename diagonal<int>() to band<int>()
>> * introduce diagonal(int), returning a Band<Derived, Dynamic>. The
>> trick here is as we already do in Block : use ei_int_if_dynamic to
>> store the Index in Band.
>> ---> that is the improvement that i need in order to code
>> BandedMatrix. No need to unroll an outer loop there, and that also
>> will reduce compilation times (only one Band type instantiated).