Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation

On 18 Apr, Christian Mayer wrote:

> Rohit Garg schrieb:
>>> So, in which area does Intel MKL still have a long-term lead? I would
>>> say parallelization. We haven't started that yet and it is probably a
>>> very, very tough one. It's what I have in mind when I say that a
>>> BLAS/LAPACK wrapper is still welcome.
>>
>> Why do you think parallelization is very difficult? Do you mean
>> parallelization nfrastructure?  AFAICS, using openmp will be cool. Let
>> compiler handle all the dirty buisness etc This is something I want to
>> explore (time availability is of course important !) so I would like
>> some heads up.
>
> (disclaimer: I haven't done much parallelization in the past, but I
> listened with much interest a few lectures and different discussions on
> the net)
>
> Do NOT use OpenMP in our case!
>
> OpenMP is great to parallelize a few loops in old code where you can't
> spend the time to do it right. If you've got the choice you should
> allways rethink every algorithm and implement it in a parallel way (with
> the threading lib of your choice)

Have you had a look at OpenMP 3 (offered by gcc-4.4, e.g.).
It has the "task" directive which offers some freedom especially
for C++ like programm. OpenMP has the advantage of being an accepted
standard.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik