Re: [eigen] sse asin implementation

2009/4/7 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hang on, I thought otherwise. And Gael pointed out that the sqrt_ps
> was exact according to IEEE spec, what about add,sub,mul,div?

Ah ok, i got that one wrong. A quick google search suggests that SSE
is IEEE compliant indeed. What remains true is that SSE is less
precise than non-SSE code for double's because in non-SSE the CPU is
able to use long double's of 80 bit internally to limit propagation of
errors, but I don't know if anything like that applies for floats
(since here we're discussing floats).

I told you i'm not competent ;)