Re: [eigen] External contributions

Timothy Hunter wrote:
I support also the idea of an unsupported/contribs directory inside Eigen's repository. I still have a couple of questions though: - documentation: the easiest would be to use the infrastructure from Eigne core. It would be nice to have a way to integrate the documentation, and have for example a different style/background in the doxygen-generated pages to indicate it is not supported. - installation: something like #include <Eigen/Contrib/FooModule> for including the FooModule? Or <Eigen_Contrib/FooModule> ? The solution #2 cleanly separates the official directories from the user-contributed directories, so it would make it easier for maintenance I guess - test units: should it be in a contrib_tests or a subdirectory in test? Here also, I suggest having a separate directory to prevent mixing "official" and "unsupported" files. - contribution policy: what should be accepted as a contribution? For example, I have some template files based 100% on Eigen for mechanics (Recursive Newton-Euler solver for kinematic chains) and control (algebraic riccati equation solver). I am also thinking of a convex optimization interior-points methods at a later point. This is mostly food for thought, but it would be nice to settle on these details before accepting external contributions.
I agree that contributions should have a place. I have a nice fast complex fft that I'm waiting to find time to fit into the official codebase, and in the meantime it would be nice to have a place to offer it as a contribution. In particular this would offer a place for contributed code to be placed while it was tuned for inclusion in the official repository.

Cheers

Tim