[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen rocks
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:04:54 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=OI8W2nwyAM/Fv9uNzEAs0lPAE7vG23djBsEbY08oRtc=; b=Z7IIUKvVRdsZoDOYDm+K/gctNByOs4bjMlhXhtRnuHd4BW79E+5hTw3iv30hB3selB t1Oi1O5aFt/tF8/JsZwmGsGCd/IekEFaLztkEVnPUqsREbKrT+qZ3e+SkH0sTu3ydRgI Foi8ESPtWYYJrTy/ZL7uPBD3vOORh5jSkr1DY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=oY1FGURMEpdX0vS5CAba2ThwXARNv3iTiE874LUpoOFTm98hQCdZsf7PR4p9h/g3SJ Pv5w3zA2Bz5XIureIPidqacRtrlW9YU8P6xCDbP+BVj7jv3v7U+16nuy7GbUVeUDPSYH GxrKbJM9wSzdm2h6hkxcYVzZVkyqYmc8jCRuM=
Wow, That was fast.
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes that's what you want for 4).
> For 3) if you want to access the memory, the data() method returns the
> pointer to the array of coefficients.
Thanks for that.
> For 1), Eigen itself doesn't do any multithreading, but on the plus
> side, Eigen is stateless so completely (trivially) thread-safe.
Finally, I come across something that looks like it built for the 21st
century from day 1. I love you lot. Look here
> For 2), that's because these operations are inherently hard to
> vectorize using standard SIMD instructions, they do not easily split
> into basic operations such as addition, dot product, etc. I guess a
> SIMD guru would be able to do something, contributions welcome, but
> that's not easy at all.
So, an opportunity to hack. :).
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology