Re: [eigen] Eigen rocks

I don't know for 1) and 2).  I know

but for 3) and 4) you want the Map class that Eigen provides:

Search for Map in the tutorial:
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/TutorialCore.html#TutorialCoreSpecialTopics

Look at the Map class:
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/classEigen_1_1Map.html

or the Map() static functions from the Matrix class:
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/classEigen_1_1Matrix.html

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

To devs and contributors,

EIGEN ROCKS

On a more sober note,

1) Is eigen multithreaded? I think not because there is no
documentation on how to decide the number of threads.

2) Quaternion rotations only take Vector4f, then why are they not
vectorized? Or is it on the informal todo list. It isn't on the formal
one.

3) How do I access the memory hidden behind the class interface of the
Matrix/Vectors. People may need it to perform some other stuff using
some other libraries. Eigen is great but doesn't solve all the world's
problems yet.

4) And yes it's converse. I wish to set the elements of a
matrix/vector from a given pointer. Can that be done?

I am pretty sure that 1) and 2) will be done, butt what about 3) and 4).

Regards,

--

Rohit Garg

http://rpg-314.blogspot.com/