Re: [eigen] slides of my talk

indeed, if you use matlab on relatively large dataset and you only use
high level operators/routines then matlab is very fast because it
relies on other state of the art library. There even exists plugins to
perform some computations on the GPU...

Said that, matlab is extremely slow as soon as you are doing some more
low level stuff involving complex expressions or a lot of small
computations... Matlab can be a couple of order of magnitude slower
than a C/C++ equivalent code. It seems MatLab is missing a JIT
compiler.

btw, benoit thanks for the slides !

Gael.