|Re: [eigen] gtest helpers for eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] gtest helpers for eigen
- From: "Benoit Jacob" <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:28:58 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=d2POTrOgFwVOYeCp0BPc461ZEwmua7ZiHvc2awsTcv8=; b=sd1nkOURsyUnah3t0Oy+QojSucdm1gZFSoAJawzj+uQoGbCJA7GYKC13RuvF19VEDl HGVNZXHzdkmBQczaeAZsJe89Cx5M1uQ18+7qK0Tn7MZzEYS+IqaqBcLIkFZAlh2lPCcu p4TBMxnIwXR0lpdO/CDVIsO218vPAoD1xxXXw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=D/+VBLfDH+zCg2mhCEW3nA/t6zWlOWFNxIUIsM/e/l5IElYDiEyHSateqptqAJwomj Pd7ESDy9CWRB8PH58gGJv/Xt5xCKqMlLu5a066M2XVEXfUgExJ5lz9hzkpurtv8GX9ul xXqrx9iKF4Ml5WnGpF4hkGlI8oQTMNoscES1s=
(update after what with Keir) -- OK so I had misunderstood what you
meant as "let's make eigen use gtest" -- instead what you were
proposing is "let's make it easy for users of eigen to use gtest in
their own project".
So yes i agree that that stuff would be very nice to have in a contrib subdir.
2009/1/14 Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Yes, that's exactly right. It's released by Google. I use it for libmv and
> really like it. My thought is that others who use eigen and also gtest might
> find such functionality useful; if so, I would add it to the contrib
> directory (it would depend on gtest).
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Hm OK so I had a look at gtest, so it looks like it's a generic
>> testing framework like CppUnit or QTestLib?
>> In Eigen we already our own homemade testing framework that works very
>> well for us.
>> But I may be missing something?
>> 2009/1/14 Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> > Would anyone be interested in having a extensions for testing numeric
>> > code
>> > based on eigen2 with gtest? (http://code.google.com/p/googletest)
>> > I have added the following to
>> > libmv:
>> > http://code.google.com/p/libmv/source/browse/trunk/src/testing/testing.h,
>> > and it has proved very useful.
>> > I thought others might be interested. Perhaps have something similar in
>> > a
>> > contrib/ directory?
>> > Keir