|Re: [eigen] How to contribute to the Eigen dashboard?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] How to contribute to the Eigen dashboard?
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:02:35 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=JZhwGmJuIDBYZcgWJZbLAwGqV9H+AhbEK4aiY0abvdc=; b=vn3qVVAdtwl9si1fpr4KzNyUoQ0mmJsOOp4tt+YN9B7tc+8EaZq1ZLJM0JSQaQQr7C VIPeoCCu8QG9P4A26ARJ996gTZ697sh92eLQezUdaACr0z9sH//NltgJTAuBr+PllDx5 w6iGv3V8ISPrOKgu0XJiwBYkhQZJSG8KQuS6w=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=Fxd2G2WJPlO1c3thTBtB653rkIgh03SwRI9fFG3OEgoZdaMv5PC9Bp3PdAqpYkq1OZ wIsqGsXoOv4vyLZ2IH84bBxd0+0FcTacTxKQ95gU2GTDmJtt5Nyt+iDvzdQGnZwu3/V5 PJm0SmdKudVsVF4Q0Y2OQoxfABvkRpb17fNTY=
to contribute to Eigen dashboard you simply have to use ctest which is
bounded with cmake. For instance, once configured a build dir with
cmake path_to_eigen2 -DEIGEN_BUILD_TESTS=on
ctest -D Experimental
However, the best is to use the testsuite.cmake script in eigen2/test.
The top of this file contains all the information you need. Basically,
if you don't want to setup automatic nightly builds, you can do
something like that (from MSVC environment):
ctest -S path_to_eigen2/test/testsuite.cmake,EIGEN_MODE=Experimental,EIGEN_SITE=yourpcname,EIGEN_BUILD_STRING=windows-vista-msvc-9.0,EIGEN_WORK_DIR=c:\Users\me\cdash
(see the script file for all options)
add the option -VV to see what happens (and perhaps debug the script).
after that you should see the result there:
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 1:04 AM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi List,
> I'm still not sure to have a proper setup of
> eigen2 in regard of
> a) cmake
> b) external libs like taucs (none installed so far, should I?)
> c) MSVC Version 9.0.30729.1 SP, Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 3.5 SP1
sounds good. all external libs are optional, though of course the more
external libs you have, the better.
> But: A build of "RUN_TESTS" (of Rev #908539, I think) run the tests and put
> out result, see attachments.
> I have some questions:
> (Please do not hurry to answer. I will not able process your feedback soon)
> How to check to have a proper setup?
> Is there already a small howto for a setup from scratch with MSVC?
this is how I proceed to run the test manually:
1 - start the MSVC command line environment
2 - cd path_to_eigen2
3 - mkdir build
4 - cd build
5 - cmake .. -DEIGEN_BUILD_TESTS -G "NMake Makefiles"
6 - nmake
7 - ctest
to quickly submit to the dashboard, replace 6 and 7 by ctest -D Experimental
of course you can also use the graphic interface of cmake, and choose
Visual Studio 9.0 as the cmake generator to use visual studio.
> Are information about the subversion working copy revision somewhere in the
ctest should do that itself.
> It is possible to contribute to the Eigen-Dashboard?
> Maybe on a irregularly scheduled by hand from time to time.
> And if, How?
> How to analyze the logs by my self?
on the cdash website you can check the results of all submissions.
> Why the 4 tests fail?
since beta6 only one fails (this is normal)