|Re: [eigen] What happens inside Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] What happens inside Eigen
- From: "Benoit Jacob" <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:38:34 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=tO89N+oh6/6oqxHOdB+eL+ExoopuJoWzTOEm1LL+WzU=; b=hkqhUwbQKYAw2XurHoX4Bn8IWT1zUFeyP4EG/1yFOewIX6G6dWfuuwG9ccyKfMOYAT qrHFy1Qua8NEDj+ySa7eLZ1nn9pFciSR/0ARf+rJrWQjkAEaEWE3zs0KilJZ3lEKLrdU 3fqiUi3+kUwUvzxH3+brqCDi9ZF4oToD16/0E=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=pf+EJtvg0AIae0D3pvsUe9YAAmTIty/XScLPaQT3OgadF3GbzzxHS54BHZbKTWYcRb SobqgRxxa6udfZN4DIwEyC9iBUrrkh6t2LcoyzAxIQC9IgsvS9262x9pHWlA8MiWIdtx dVPxuB/HKxL+wz5HfTf4KKRjhIczRHaFKgR1s=
Good point: indeed, my goal with this dox page is not to scare away
I agree that generally coding a Eigen module doesn't require you to
understand all these internals.
Though it doesn't hurt either ;)
2008/12/5 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> very good job and thanks for the effort !
> I would just like to add that new contributors are particularly welcomed for
> the different modules, and so the good news is that in most cases it is
> obviously possible to contribute without having to understand all this
> internal complexity of Eigen :) The Sparse module is the major exception
> with its own additional complexity !
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Hi List,
>> As you know, we're really serious about getting more hackers involved
>> in Eigen and making sure that it's possible for newcomers to
>> understand Eigen internals...
>> So I wrote a new dox page where we study a trivial example program
>> doing one vector addition "u = v + w" and we follow Eigen as is
>> complex logic expands, all the way down to the emitted assembly
>> intructions. Along the way we get to learn how expression templates
>> work, and we explain some aspects of the design of Eigen.
>> I uploaded it here for your reading pleasure (note that the rest of
>> the online dox is not yet updated since beta1):