|Re: [eigen] What happens inside Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] What happens inside Eigen
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:34:31 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=JCf2bJh8dMLYRzVKunhfBRvrCNttauJPiplr5mywTT4=; b=RoX+5ZiSNnbXXhP44koS+H6QiJ4bhmsaLRkhF6uuGC2n3ChPD9hiePgY6hJuaqKvtM igK5WkNdIAmkFX142ydp8AofPslD/D8MYyf/5m7EXhXeDNZjN55bw4cmPRmCS+uF25an nHXRSDMhW7T1XjwzfwHYQPappUSgm2wVYvc/c=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=FCwuTEZUzbbz/DiYuF8F1YEPoqPZtfyGpTY9Hky/LMAIulQQdeHTn42kPSZ2tqIgUl KJ4XkfJGPbmuiVM/ekiqp/wWuf06N2B+gIaaf2jxAIxq/lhBb1ATXKRkyF/oMcenvzM2 XuoBXjQHH9OdyX4mnJHERYGXxTinUvE31bYvo=
very good job and thanks for the effort !
I would just like to add that new contributors are particularly welcomed for the different modules, and so the good news is that in most cases it is obviously possible to contribute without having to understand all this internal complexity of Eigen :) The Sparse module is the major exception with its own additional complexity !
On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
As you know, we're really serious about getting more hackers involved
in Eigen and making sure that it's possible for newcomers to
understand Eigen internals...
So I wrote a new dox page where we study a trivial example program
doing one vector addition "u = v + w" and we follow Eigen as is
complex logic expands, all the way down to the emitted assembly
intructions. Along the way we get to learn how _expression_ templates
work, and we explain some aspects of the design of Eigen.
I uploaded it here for your reading pleasure (note that the rest of
the online dox is not yet updated since beta1):