[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] beta2 released
- From: "Benoit Jacob" <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 03:50:38 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=0U/W2EQS9s4X47pKmuWa0fesZo42vYYNFWcpuSe8+eI=; b=PafuHn65f/DAwP7yY1GgtpF76ySvWOexQkhmpMm+L4PiuQptVzg43GAr4FtMegVAhk Q+0S15sLhOYXVhhkccrpwcw8oZGcKxMsHtXMbvVZ2X41U3vJys5ZOxIWZcDfWtlpZrkz oGlfTHE7uqm2mv7lu8V85vzsiUv5hwkZijkIU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=OcSp5GQCLApjdWuvcCkouYFLJBFxtLQnDAI0wagPIhKt7JL1CNLHDzjLTk//Oz7AgZ U2/E9nVJ3MxRtB5si4I+SLu9rXAN7/TdApkXtNofBNkBkYsuHXvw7IbmprvjUtG9LYsf wb3NUpllBRUdEt2aHa6Hj49jV+xo77dtNjtAw=
Eigen 2.0-beta2 is released: http://eigen.tuxfamily.org
SVN Tag: http://websvn.kde.org/tags/eigen/2.0-beta2/
In order to prepare for the API-stable 2.0 release, we have made a few
API changes, some of which are incompatible:
* the block-inside-a-vector, block(int, int), becomes segment(int, int).
* norm2() becomes squaredNorm(). norm2() remains in this beta2 but is
* Eigen is now more picky about mixing matrices with different numeric
types. Basically it is now always required to .cast<newtype>()
explicitly. A self-explanatory assert() guards that.
* tons of doc improvements and bug fixes.
* much more helpful error messages (both compile-time and asserts) for
tricky or common errors.
* cmake fixes thanks to Alexander Neundorf
* Improvements in EigenSolver
* Major improvements and fixes in Sparse module (Gael if you care to
summarize the details ... you committed so much stuff and I don't have
time tonight to compile an exhaustive changelog). Improvements include
dramatically expanded feature set, better performance, and possibility
of using various back-ends for specific algorithms.
* Cholesky : big improvements, in-place solver
* the default constructor of dynamic-size matrices now creates a
"null" matrix (data=0, rows = cols = 0) instead of a 1x1 matrix. You
can later initialize the matrix with set().
* Improvements in Geometry; new AlignedBox class, new
* Matrix can now be extended outside Eigen, like MatrixBase
* Map now accessible as static method too, Matrix::Map() and
* L^p norms
* .imag() function for imaginary part
* let user change default format by defining EIGEN_DEFAULT_IO_FORMAT
We're probably going to release a RC1 in early january, followed soon
after by the actual release.
Testing is much appreciated, as always.