[eigen] Map's and not Maps

Hi

There is currently one thing which I really don't like atm in eigen. For ease, I use a lot of direct vector's. But all the data I get from outside is in the form of pointers, so I have to use maps. One thing I would really love to have is a way to be able to do the following:

float SomeCoolFunction(Vector3f& v, void* somedata);
Map<Vector3f> input(inputdata);
float result = SomeCoolFunction(input, bla);

This is currently not possibel and I'm not sure what exactly is needed to support this kind of stuff and in which way this would impact performance (One can't assume alignment for example etc). But from a design perspective, this would be just amazing :)

Any comments?
Benjamin

---