Re: [eigen] copyright / license question

On Monday 03 November 2008, Benoît Jacob wrote:
> Ah ok sure, if it's "LGPL 2.1+" then in particular it's "LGPL 3+". I didn't
> know that one could freely relicense from LGPL to GPL, I understand that
> makes sense.
That's what makes LGPL compatible with GPL ;) In fact, for LGPLv3 the clause
is different, since GPLv3 says that if "restrictions" are added to the
license you can remove them. And basically, LGPLv3 is GPLv3 with the added
restrictions that you can link with code of any license.

--
Cyrille Berger

---