Re: [eigen] Problem with LU and Cholesky inversion

Quoting Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

as I said the problem is in solveTriangular(), there is a FIXME. In fact, it
assumes the right hand side is column major. If it is not we should copy it
to a column major one (allows much faster code), but I don't have time for
that right now....

Aaah, I didn't understand that it assumed column-major. That explains everything, thanks.

I sure can fix it if you don't have time, during this weekend (I also can't do it now).

Meanwhile, Timothy, please evaluate your transpose to a column-major matrix.

a.transpose().eval() doesn't work because it evals to a row-major matrix.
You need to do something like:
MatrixType a_transpose = a.transpose();
Indeed, unless you explicitly require otherwise, any MatrixType has column-major storage.

cheers,
gael.