Re: [eigen] some problems with building with AltiVec enabled

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 4:18 PM,  <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also have numerical stability issues. This is getting annoying because
> determining if a test passes or not often requires to run it several times
> (each time with 10 repeats) to see if failure occurs everytime. This is
> really unfortunate as it could make us ignore a real error that would be
> only occasionally triggerred.

exactly. So I have a suggestion (maybe wrong): what about generating
floating point random matrices with a limited number of decimals ?
this way the loss of precision should be significantly reduced and we
should be able to reduce the tolerance thresholds to more decent
values. What do you think ? (we would do that only in the unit tests)

gael.