Re: [eigen] choosing a mascot?

Sorry I've been sort of AWOL... schoolwork and random coding stuffs.

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  David, could you send an "ultimate" sketch mixing your various sketches as
>  discussed (and better, as you feel is right)? Right now there is none of your
>  sketches that I would choose as-is, but still you are spot on the kind of
>  owls that I was looking for. Just your first owl + "hanging hat" + younger
>  aspect, that would be great.

http://dnas.outer-heaven.net/owl_small.jpg

Bugs and Todo/Feature Requests are more of sketches, so I didn't
bother to clean them up or make them particularly... unsketchy. The
picture just looked lonely with those two blank spaces. :-)

>  About licensing: I need to be able to distribute your artwork under a free
>  license. In the eventuality where distros would package our documentation and
>  that documentation would include your owls, it is very important that your
>  owls are licensed under terms that allow distros to distribute them. I
>  believe this excludes any "Non-commercial" clause. Also, I don't like very
>  much the idea of a "No-derivatives" clause (and that might also be a no-go
>  for distros, I don't know). So a good choice would be CC-BY-SA (Creative
>  commons, authorship attribution, share-alike). But I'm no expert by any
>  means. If you show me that a licensing option is acceptable by distros, then
>  it's fine for me.

CC-BY-SA is alright with me.

--
David Benjamin
``Insanity is a gradual process. Don't rush it.''