|Re: [eigen] choosing a mascot?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] choosing a mascot?
- From: "David Benjamin" <dnas.dnas@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 21:02:41 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=fJh0x16FYrUZ5B42k5qlAvrXQ1UbPrO9yBACAiwyRyU=; b=pRGqOF5ygG8IZAqjgEMQ6pk8nKyv/AmtiXkNWqHevYZ8SHBJk6biyUovvzNWpR6nOR+cJ49uHj/k+MdCifjFa7hbz31gvYtWpbi+0PjSpZrMfMxwx2NsMGxbRB5SwhLhEZaVUrWzMz6FThN1UKgJIVt9znQOPJ4ZuziuBa/WKxc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=DBEXoiToXtXzWPRrWORL4R9lX6378sSmBTrpNAFaQ1s7VVceDolKoA7vR096FkaZnN15AFwW9QOKDoTvZwTKvosLeSwkpyvKz6opkU2qPmKq1GmvLHSr19foHNopnhK74rLOB86qkKnyUQAU9ZeD5OKtAHLkj6YQNHXgf1L9hRg=
Sorry I've been sort of AWOL... schoolwork and random coding stuffs.
On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David, could you send an "ultimate" sketch mixing your various sketches as
> discussed (and better, as you feel is right)? Right now there is none of your
> sketches that I would choose as-is, but still you are spot on the kind of
> owls that I was looking for. Just your first owl + "hanging hat" + younger
> aspect, that would be great.
Bugs and Todo/Feature Requests are more of sketches, so I didn't
bother to clean them up or make them particularly... unsketchy. The
picture just looked lonely with those two blank spaces. :-)
> About licensing: I need to be able to distribute your artwork under a free
> license. In the eventuality where distros would package our documentation and
> that documentation would include your owls, it is very important that your
> owls are licensed under terms that allow distros to distribute them. I
> believe this excludes any "Non-commercial" clause. Also, I don't like very
> much the idea of a "No-derivatives" clause (and that might also be a no-go
> for distros, I don't know). So a good choice would be CC-BY-SA (Creative
> commons, authorship attribution, share-alike). But I'm no expert by any
> means. If you show me that a licensing option is acceptable by distros, then
> it's fine for me.
CC-BY-SA is alright with me.
``Insanity is a gradual process. Don't rush it.''
-- Ford Prefect, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Tertiary Phase