Re: [eigen] my vote

Hi everyone,

I also vote for David's top-right owl, but I think that lambda and
brackets should not be removed.
(Ronnie_professor_1 is my second favourite).

Cheers,
Raph

Benoît Jacob schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm voting for the "silly professor" owl in the top-right part of this image:
>
> http://download.tuxfamily.org/eigen/owls/David_four_owls.jpg
>
> My reasons are that it marries very well the wise and silly aspects (something
> that is not easy to achieve), it's very funny and very cute, and generally it
> is very much what I have been looking for. I love the hanging hat, the big
> tummy, the identity matrix on it, the little claws under the fluffy feathers,
> and the general attitude.
>
> I also appreciate the other owl drawings on this image. I know I said we're
> voting for a single owl, but what happens is that these are visibly four
> times the same owl, so it's nice to see that this mascot adapts well to
> various situations. Perhaps more importantly, the different drawings
> construct further the personality of this owl. The "bugs" and "todo" drawings
> show aspects of his personality that I just love. Hence, even if I don't
> directly take into account these drawings, I can't deny that they contribute
> to making me appreciate the one for which I've voted.
>
> Some further ideas for David: I think the four 1's are enough and there is no
> need for the brackets around the matrix. I also think the lambda is useless.
> Also, maybe attenuate the eyelids as they give him a sad/old aspect.
>
> I also salute especially
> http://download.tuxfamily.org/eigen/owls/Ronnie_engineer.jpg
> which I love and made me laugh a lot, and shows impressive style.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Benoit

- --
WINDnovation Engineering Solutions GmbH
Stralauer Platz 33-34
10243 Berlin
Germany
Phone: +49 30 547195 34
Fax:   +49 30 547195 39
Managing directors:
Dr.-Ing. Roland Stoer, Dipl.-Ing. Albrecht Kantelberg
Registered at Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 110081 B

www.windnovation.com