Re: [eigen] Bug in traspose

On January 17, 2008 02:31:37 am Benoît Jacob wrote:
> Interesting, I hadn't considered CTest.
>
> From what Ben and you say, I probably won't use CxxTest; in fact my
> original idea was to write my unit-tests without relying on any existing
> framework, as there is not so much work to do than what I have already done
> (currently we don't use a lot of stuff from QTestLib). Now that you mention
> CTest I'll consider it, it seems to be the only one potentially solving one
> of my 2 problems and at leasts is no additional dependency.

I should perhaps clarify - CTest isn't a testing framework like CxxTest or
QTestLib is, it's simply a way of running a bunch of test executables and
reporting the results (well, it has a bunch more fancy features, but I don't
use them).  I use CxxTest to generate test executables and CTest just to run
them; the output from CTest looks like

  Start processing tests
  Test project /home/ian/main/projects/opensolid/build
    1/  5 Testing kernel_interval_tests            Passed
    2/  5 Testing kernel_scalar_tests              Passed
    3/  5 Testing python_kernel_interval_tests     Passed
    4/  5 Testing python_kernel_scalar_tests       Passed
    5/  5 Testing graph_action_tests               Passed

  100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 5

So if I wanted to run just the two python-related tests, I could run 'ctest -R
python'.

-Ian