Re: [eigen] Re: Eigen 2, expression templates, and tvmet

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 12:39:14 Andre Krause wrote:
> i understand that. a clean design requires multiple header files..
> but then i request a "eigen2.h" or "eigen2_allinc.h" that includes all
> header files. i just dont like it to have to include 10 different
> headers just to have everything at hand.

aah, I hadn't understood what you were asking for.

Yes, I'll make sure that the headers include all the other headers that they
need, so that if you only use basic vector stuff you only have to
#include<vector.h>. Just like in Eigen 1. You won't have to #include manually
the internal headers that deal with expression templates, etc.

But as you suggest, it's also possible to go further and provide an optional
meta-header including a whole bunch of headers at once. That would be useful
to get a quick start, for drafts, tutorials, etc. But of course it's not
optimal to include more than what's necessary (at least, it slows down
compilation) so this meta header can only be an option. Just like what Qt
does, #include<QtGui> includes all the headers of the QtGui module.

-Benoit