Re: [crisos] [News] - Darwinfox 8.09-5 and next release

Hi Claudio, thanks for your early reply,

It looks like that if I compile the SDK without selecting any other
packages (like usb support) everything goes ok. After that I apply the
pacth, and I select the usb-core, usb-video and pwc driver modules and
everything goes fine.

The pwc driver is kinda old, and I can use it only with a very old camera.
For initial testing my system is fine, but I really need the uvc-video
to support a more recent one.

The uvc-video driver requires a 2.6.16+ kernel, so I'm pretty sure
that the current DarwinFox kernel would be just fine (actually, it is
newer than the one I have on my Ubuntu Laptop).  I have the driver
source, so could you please tell me if you know how to compile them
for  DarwinFox? I managed to compile my own application using the
Makefiles you showed on the wiki, but I am sure that compiling a
kernel module is much more complicated than that.

 Anyway , thank for the job you did already, here at the robotics lab
we are looking forward for the Aquila release and netus support, since
we  will probably  buy a couple of those boards soon. When the project
I am working on will land, I will definitely push the lab head
professor to make a donation! ;-)

Bye!

2009/4/29 Claudio <claudyus84@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/4/28 Enrico Di Lello <enr.dilello@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Just an update: the compile error is due to the busybox package..
> Can you post a complete log ?
>
>> Did anyone managed to successfuly compile a custom image after this new release?
>> To Claudio.. which packages did you select to build the
>> crisos-darwinfox-8.09-5 image?
>
> The default packages + opkg.
> You can add package from repositories using opkg update & opkg install ....
>

>> 2009/4/28 Enrico Di Lello <enr.dilello@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hi everybody.
>>>
>>> I downloaded the latest versione of the darwinfox sdk with

>>> I then started compiling, and with my great pleasure I saw that a
>>> recent version of the uv-video driver was now available (I sent some
>>> days ago a mail aking about this topic)

>>> Unfortunately I got a compile error.. almost at the end of the compile process
>>> I then tried to run

>>> and then

>>> The compiling process actually completes, but unfortunately, after the
>>> patch application, the uvcvideo driver disappears from the available
>>> video drivers!!!!
>>>

> Yes this happens because at the moment etrax platform is at 2.6.29
> inside openwrt but don't run on foxboard.
> Using make patch you force the linux kernel version at 2.6.25.20 that
> is almost stable!
>
> 2.6.29 will be on next release but atm there is a jffs2 problem on
> foxboard and I don't have time to fix it.
> Patches are welcome!
>
> ---
> CrisOs mailing list
> Official multi-language http://www.crisos.org/ mailing list