Re: [crisos] [News] - Darwinfox 8.09-5 and next release

2009/4/28 Enrico Di Lello <enr.dilello@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Just an update: the compile error is due to the busybox package..
Can you post a complete log ?

> Did anyone managed to successfuly compile a custom image after this new release?
> To Claudio.. which packages did you select to build the
> crisos-darwinfox-8.09-5 image?

The default packages + opkg.
You can add package from repositories using opkg update & opkg install ....

> 2009/4/28 Enrico Di Lello <enr.dilello@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi everybody.
>>
>> I downloaded the latest versione of the darwinfox sdk with
>>
>>> svn co svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/crisos/svn/target/darwinfox
>>
>> I then started compiling, and with my great pleasure I saw that a
>> recent version of the uv-video driver was now available (I sent some
>> days ago a mail aking about this topic)
>>
>>>make V=99
>>
>> Unfortunately I got a compile error.. almost at the end of the compile process
>> I then tried to run
>>
>>>make patch
>>
>> and then
>>
>>>make
>>
>> The compiling process actually completes, but unfortunately, after the
>> patch application, the uvcvideo driver disappears from the available
>> video drivers!!!!

Yes this happens because at the moment etrax platform is at 2.6.29
inside openwrt but don't run on foxboard.
Using make patch you force the linux kernel version at 2.6.25.20 that
is almost stable!

2.6.29 will be on next release but atm there is a jffs2 problem on
foxboard and I don't have time to fix it.
Patches are welcome!

---
CrisOs mailing list
Official multi-language http://www.crisos.org/ mailing list