Re: [crisos] Having some problems with the DarwinFox SDK

Hi

2009/2/20 Joonas Sarajärvi <muepsj@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello
>
> I recently discovered CrisOS and have the firmware image [1]
> succesfully installed to a Fox board. The firmware itself seems to
> works fine, but it seems I need some assistance with setting up the
> SDK, in order to eventually add some custom-written software to it.
>
> The first thing is that the svn checkout command doesn't checkout the
> openwrt trunk, while the instructions [2] say that it would do it. I

Yes, I correct the wiki.

> have manually checked out the openwrt trunk into the darwinfox/openwrt
> directory (which was originally missing). Is this how I am supposed to
> do it?
>
> After having got the openwrt directory downloaded, I have proceeded
> into getting the SDK into place. There are very little instructions on
> how to just get the SDK without making a CrisOS image at all. In the
> make menuconfig menus, I selected to build the SDK and also tried to
> select some suitable minimal CrisOS settings.
>
> Is the configuration used to build the DarwinFox 8.09 image at the
> download page available somewhere? I'd prefer using it as a base if I
> need to do a custom image.
>
> I am now trying to get building some custom software for the Foxboard,
> but am now stuck at getting the hello example at [3] working.
>
> I have created the following files:
>
> muep@konttori2:~/DarwinFox$ ls -R darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello
> darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello:
> files  Makefile  src
>
> darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello/files:
>
> darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello/src:
> hello.c  main.c  Makefile
> muep@konttori2:~/DarwinFox$
>
> With the upper Makefile contents as follows:
>
> muep@konttori2:~/DarwinFox$ cat darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello/Makefile
> #helloworld makefile
> include $(TOPDIR)/rules.mk
>
> PKG_NAME:=helloworld
> PKG_RELEASE:=1
> PKG_VERSION:=0.1
>
> PKG_BUILD_DEPENDS:=
>
> include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/package.mk
>
> define Package/helloworld
>  SECTION:=utils
>  CATEGORY:=Utilities
>  DEPENDS:=@TARGET_ETRAX

This example was made for alpha release, at that time the depens was
calle TARGET_ETRAX now it is called TARGET_etrax :D

Try to comment out DEPENDS line or use "DEPENDS:=@TARGET_etrax" insrtread..

Let me know if this works.

Regards

---