[crisos] Having some problems with the DarwinFox SDK

Hello

I recently discovered CrisOS and have the firmware image [1]
succesfully installed to a Fox board. The firmware itself seems to
works fine, but it seems I need some assistance with setting up the
SDK, in order to eventually add some custom-written software to it.

The first thing is that the svn checkout command doesn't checkout the
openwrt trunk, while the instructions [2] say that it would do it. I
have manually checked out the openwrt trunk into the darwinfox/openwrt
directory (which was originally missing). Is this how I am supposed to
do it?

After having got the openwrt directory downloaded, I have proceeded
into getting the SDK into place. There are very little instructions on
how to just get the SDK without making a CrisOS image at all. In the
make menuconfig menus, I selected to build the SDK and also tried to
select some suitable minimal CrisOS settings.

Is the configuration used to build the DarwinFox 8.09 image at the
download page available somewhere? I'd prefer using it as a base if I
need to do a custom image.

I am now trying to get building some custom software for the Foxboard,
but am now stuck at getting the hello example at [3] working.

I have created the following files:

muep@konttori2:~/DarwinFox$ ls -R darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello
darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello:
files  Makefile  src

darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello/files:

darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello/src:
hello.c  main.c  Makefile
muep@konttori2:~/DarwinFox$

With the upper Makefile contents as follows:

muep@konttori2:~/DarwinFox$ cat darwinfox/openwrt/package/hello/Makefile
#helloworld makefile
include $(TOPDIR)/rules.mk

PKG_NAME:=helloworld
PKG_RELEASE:=1
PKG_VERSION:=0.1

PKG_BUILD_DEPENDS:=

include $(INCLUDE_DIR)/package.mk

define Package/helloworld
  SECTION:=utils
  CATEGORY:=Utilities
  DEPENDS:=@TARGET_ETRAX
  TITLE:=Yet Another Helloworld Application
endef

define Package/helloworld/description
 This is helloworld :p
endef

define Build/Prepare
	mkdir -p $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)
	$(CP) ./src/* $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/
endef

define Build/Compile
	$(MAKE) -C $(PKG_BUILD_DIR) \
		$(TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS) \
		CFLAGS="$(TARGET_CFLAGS)"
endef

define Package/helloworld/install
	$(INSTALL_DIR) $(1)/usr/bin
	$(INSTALL_BIN) $(PKG_BUILD_DIR)/helloworld $(1)/usr/bin/
endef

$(eval $(call BuildPackage,helloworld))

muep@konttori2:~/DarwinFox$

I then tried to run 'make menuconfig' a few times, but couldn't get my
Hello, World! application appear in the Utilities menu. Is this what
is supposed to happen, or am I just missing something?