Re: [crisos] Some news and update

Il 6 ottobre 2008 16.54, Ing. Matteo Paoli <m.paoli@xxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> Claudio ha scritto:
>
> 2) Darwinfox
> BUG: The darwinfox release 8.09 is bugged due to mysterious problem
> with opkg [3], as workaround I release a version of darwinfox with
> ipkg and opkg both installed,  the release is [4] 8.09-1
> If opkg return an error try to copy configuration file and use ipkg
> (cp /etc/opkg.conf /etc/ipkg.conf)
>

> I rebuild the darwinfox firmware (patch it, make menuconfig, select FoxBoard
> target), everything ok.
> I flash the foxboard, and after login this is the answer:
>
> paoli@informatica1:~$ ssh root@192.168.1.216
> root@192.168.1.216's password:
>

> BusyBox v1.11.2 (2008-10-06 15:27:47 CEST) built-in shell (ash)
> Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
>
>   ___     _     ___
>  / __|_ _(_)___/ _ \ ___
> | (__| '_| (_-< (_) (_-<
>  \___|_| |_/__/\___//__/ DarwinFox 8.09-1
>
> CrisOs: http://crisos.org/
> Based on OpenWrt: http://openwrt.org/
>
> root@CrisOs:~#
>
> After I upgrade the package list with  the "opkg update" command.
> When I try to install some package, this is the output:
>
> root@CrisOs:~# opkg install zip
> Installing zip (2.32-1) to root...
> Downloading
> http://download.tuxfamily.org/crisos/repository/darwinfox/all/zip_2.32-1_cris.ipk
> Connecting to download.tuxfamily.org (88.191.250.18:80)
> zip_2.32-1_cris.ipk  100% |*******************************| 65846  --:--:--
> ETA
> can't get //usr/lib/opkg/info/zip.control open for read
> Configuring zip
> Collected errors:
>  * Unable to open the control file in  set_flags_from_control

Hi all,
the set_flag_from_control is a critical issues inside crisos and I'm
trying to debug it for weeks!

I open a ticket for it here (http://crisos.org/flyspray/ ) for track updates.

The problem appear to be that the internal data.tar.gz file should
contain a control file that is not found during installation process!
Googling a bit you can found that this error is generated when there
is not more space on device, but this is inapplicable inside CrisOs so
I don't find a reasonable motivation for this error.

> And the software isn't correctly installed. The ipkg isn't installed, and I
> cannot install to the previous error.

No its true, if you try to rebuild darwinfox from scratch there is no
ipkg installed by default.
Due to latest busybox update inside openwrt, the hash_file function is
not available any more, this is the problem found by
mcostantino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yesterday, the related pacth was moved
yesterday inside disable/ directory.

Ciao

--