Re: [crisos] New crisos version - Darwinfox 8.09

Hi Claudio,

Claudio schrieb:
> Hi all,
> today I release the new version of crisos/openwrt firmware for etrax
> lx100v2 with codename darwinfox 8.09.
> At the moment you can download[1] the firmware, the sdkp and the patch
> for openwrt truck needed if you like to rebuild the sdkf[3] that I
> used.
> Most of the crisos website has been updated with the the link to new
> files and the new information.
>
> Part of the packages will be uploaded in the next few hours.[2]
>
> I like to inform you about the ssd1303 oled driver for foxboard, many
> thanks to Christian Leu for his donations (see news page).
>
> For all developers who like to test crisos/openwrt I can suggest you
> to add the following inside feeds.conf of openwrt:
> src-svn crisos svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/crisos/svn/packages/crisos
> src-svn ssdoled http://ssd1303oled.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/openwrt
>
> On my wiki page[4]  you can also find some link to useful openwrt
> ticket not yet applied at owrt trunk.
>
> Happy hacking
> Bye all
>

> [1] http://crisos.tuxfamily.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=download
> [2] http://crisos.tuxfamily.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=documentation:app:list_darwinfox
> [3] http://crisos.tuxfamily.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=documentation:sdk#sdkf
> [4] http://claudyus.altervista.org/dokuwiki/doku.php
I installed DarwinFox 8.09 on a LX416 with FoxGM. It boots fine but
whenever I try to install a package using ipkg I get some strange error
messages. I already tried to sort them out but I had no luck yet.

The errrors are as follows:

root@CrisOs:/etc# ipkg install foxboard-utils
Installing foxboard-utils (1.0-2) to root...
Downloading
http://download.tuxfamily.org/crisos/repository/darwinfox/all/foxboard-utils_1.0-2_cris.ipk
can't get //usr/lib/ipkg/info/foxboard-utils.control open for read
Configuring foxboard-utils
Successfully terminated.
Collected errors:
Unable to open the control file in  set_flags_from_control

Also note that ipkg doesn't try to install version 1.1 of foxboard-utils
but the older 1.0-2, as far as I have seen there are both version on the
package repository.

Do you have any ideas what could have went wrong?

Greetings
Chris

---
CrisOs mailing list