Re: [crisos] rt73usb driver

Hi Claudio,

Claudio schreef:
Hi Jaco,
Are you using wpa_supplicant?

I discover that rt73 don't support wpa_supplicat, quoting by README:
    wpa_supplicant is a userland WPA/WPA2/802.1X layer. This driver is
    not compatible with it. As most wpa_supplicant features are
    embedded into our driver, you should not need it though.
<...>

A patch for wap supplicat is also given, if need I will try to patch
wpa_supplicant soon as possible

Thanks for looking into it. Yes I am using wpa_supplicant. I tried to use the dongle on Ubuntu Hardy using network-manager and the rt73usb driver, and that worked. Isn't network-manager basically a frontend for wpa_supplicant?

Anyway, i tried to set the encryption using iwpriv, and that seemed to work. But how do I actually associate to the AP, or does it do that automatically? And how do I initiate a DHCP request?

Thanks and regards,
Jaco

---
CrisOs mailing list