Re: FW: [crisos] GPhoto2 not picking up camera

Hi Nathan,

2008/4/14, Nathan Harris <consultant@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Further to this -
>
>  Plugging in both cameras produces(IXUS55 and powershot A70) nothing in -
>
>  >logread -f
>
>  However plugging in my chaep ITWorks 6MP camera the <logread> shows
> connectivity, has anyone any idea why the canons are not been detected by
> the USB?

I cannot help you because I don't have same camera and my ixus bring
me to a worst Segmentatio Fault.
When I have some time, I will try to update *gphoto to latest version.
Also you can try to update the package (and submit the patch on this
mailingilist) using SDKF and all published information.

>  I have tried everything, even adding the packages for USB Webcams, we are
> really stuck, pleas HELP
>
>  I notice that <OPENWRT> requires usb-core, I cannot see this package in
> Crisos?

Yes, it's true; generally openwrt require usb-core for usb function
but, in cris kernel porting, is not possible to compile a module
version of usb stack; so all the CrisOs firmware have this function
build in.

>  Regards
>
>  Nathan

Regards