Re: [AD] More source code that doesn't compile...

Including the ALLEGRO_STATICLINK has no effect.

What this problem looks like is that the linker isn't even try to link the functions, or the functions don't exist in the libraries. None of the functions are functions I use in my code, otherwise they would be compiler errors and not linker errors, so they must be functions that other functions call.

On 5/20/2016 at 8:39 PM, Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The other issue I can think of is static linking. If you are static linking, you need to define ALLEGRO_STATICLINK. You can do that either in your program before including allegro.h:

#define ALLEGRO_STATICLINK

#include <allegro.h>

Or if you have multiple files, define it on the compilation command line with –DALLEGRO_STATICLINK.

From: Allegro-developers [mailto:allegro-developers-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elias Pschernig
Sent: May 20, 2016 9:17 PM
To: allegro-developers@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AD] More source code that doesn't compile...

Are you linking your libraries in the right order? Post the complete command you use for linking.

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Andrew Robinson <arobinson18@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm getting a whole slew of errors here and I don't know why. I'm using Code::Blocks, it compiles okay, but then craps out when it tries to link the obj file into an executable. Basically it isn't finding a bunch of functions. Example:

obj\Release\examp.o:examp.c:(.text+0xf8): undefined reference to `file_select_ex'

obj\Release\examp.o:examp.c:(.text+0x2d0): undefined reference to `centre_dialog'

obj\Release\examp.o:examp.c:(.text+0x2dd): undefined reference to `do_dialog'

obj\Release\examp.o:examp.c:(.text+0x329): undefined reference to `alert'

I am linked to every single .h file and .a file that exists in Allegro, so how could it possibly not work? Maybe there is a missing library? Is it versioning? I hate programs that give me no feedback.