Re: [AD] What to call the new branch?

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 4:50 AM, Peter Hull <peterhull90@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aren't there some features of Github that work better (or more smoothly at least) if the main branch is called 'master'?

It is the default default-branch of github. Because it is the name of the initial branch git will create for you in a new repository. But as you can see here: https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5 we changed our default-branch to be "5.1" - and git itself never treats the branch called "master" different from any other branch. So except for when creating a new project the branch name does not matter at all.

Having said that, I think I wouldn't mind if we call the new branch "master". Just because my fingers have "git pull origin master" memorized in their muscle memory and then I could finally type that also for allegro :)