From: Trent Gamblin [mailto:trent@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: June 15, 2015 9:19 AM
To: alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AD] WebM - messy

I'm able to play WebM videos (no audio) but I'm not sure this is much better
than ffmpeg. I have to copy a ton of headers and source files out of the
libvpx tree. There's probably a way to use just the core libvpx but there's
no documentation and I'm sure it would be a lot more difficult. What I used
is "vpxdec" from libvpx as a starting point.

Process would basically be: build libvpx, make libraries out of libwebm and
libyuv (included in libvpx but it doesn't build libraries, it does build the
object files though), manually install those libraries along with make
install for libvpx. Then you could build the video player which includes a
whole bunch of files from libvpx... not pretty.

It does have the advantage of being patent free, though. Not sure if I
should continue on with it or not.