Re: [AD] WIP compressed texture support patch

SiegeLordEx:

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:55 PM, SiegeLordEx <slabode@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Right, I was wrong about the level... you need to implement every
> element of a claim. The particular claims that concern the component
> that I've implemented always include it along with other components
> which I didn't implement.

How hard would it be to design the patch so that support for this can
be easily excluded from the build? That way if anybody fears patent
issues and doesn't require this functionality they can spare
themselves the trouble by just excluding it from their distribution
entirely. If it isn't too much work to do and maintain it seems
worthwhile just in case since it was enough to prompt a discussion at
all and none of us are laywers..

Speaking of which, didn't allegro.cc used to have a regular member
that became a lawyer? Who was that again?

Regards,

--
Brandon McCaig <bamccaig@xxxxxxxxxx> <bamccaig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Castopulence Software <https://www.castopulence.org/>