Re: [AD] WIP compressed texture support patch

On 12/16/2014 08:30 AM, Brandon McCaig wrote:
SiegeLordEx:

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:55 PM, SiegeLordEx <slabode@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Right, I was wrong about the level... you need to implement every
element of a claim. The particular claims that concern the component
that I've implemented always include it along with other components
which I didn't implement.

How hard would it be to design the patch so that support for this can
be easily excluded from the build? That way if anybody fears patent
issues and doesn't require this functionality they can spare
themselves the trouble by just excluding it from their distribution
entirely. If it isn't too much work to do and maintain it seems
worthwhile just in case since it was enough to prompt a discussion at
all and none of us are laywers..

Not hard at all, but it's not something easily worked around, so loading of pre-compressed bitmaps will be disabled for OpenGL if it's compiled out.

-SL