Re: [AD] Allegro 4.4 resize window support

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Andrei Ellman <ae-a-alleg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If we're adding resize-window support, would this mean breaking ABI
compatibility, and if we do, would we have to bump the version to 4.6.0
(or 4.5.0 WIP) instead of 4.4.3?

 Yes, it will break ABI compatibility, and I think that the next release should be Allegro 4.5 WIP

Speaking of the 4.4.x branch,  sys_directx_init() in wsystem.c needs to
be updated so that it also detects Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

GetVersion and GetVersionEx are deprecated:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724439(v=vs.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724451(v=vs.85).aspx

There is another set of functions available to detect the operating system:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn424972(v=vs.85).aspx

Anyway at the moment I'll not add anything about that stuff.