Re: [AD] shader deferred sets

On 03/02/2013 02:24 AM, Peter Wang wrote:
Independent of the above API design, where would you put the current
shader in the global state?  I'm thinking the target bitmap state would
be interesting.  When you target another bitmap it would implicitly use
whatever shader you installed the last time the bitmap was targeted.
The shader and target bitmap have to be compatible, so you can't use a
shader when targeting a memory bitmap.  No special exception required.
It seems to be consistent with how other things work today, so I'm for it.

-SL