Re: [AD] shader deferred sets

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:11:16 -0700, Jon Rafkind <workmin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The answer here, as suggested by Trent, is to make the deferred shader copy the float vector. I will make this change if no one beats me to it.

The same problem applies to al_set_shader_matrix.

Since there are a limited number of elements per vector, it would
be faster to use fixed sized arrays in the GLSL_DEFERRED_SET structure
(use a union to reduce the size) instead of allocating per set.

But, I'd also like to know why there are deferred sets.

Also, why are the al_set_shader_*_array functions are different?
They are not deferred for the GLSL backend, and not implemented (but
return success anyway) for the HLSL backend.

Peter