Re: [AD] Releasing 5.1.6

On 03/20/2013 09:12 PM, Trent Gamblin wrote:
I've tested shaders on all platforms. Some may have been a few commits ago.

Trent

I just tried it, and it fails to create the shader with ALLEGRO_OPENGL | ALLEGRO_OPENGL_3_0 | ALLEGRO_OPENGL_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE | ALLEGRO_PROGRAMMABLE_PIPELINE display flags with these errors:

shader E ogl_shader.c:130 glsl_attach_shader_source [ 0.39456] Compile error: Vertex shader failed to compile with the following errors: ERROR: error(#272) Implicit version number 110 not supported by GL3 forward compatible context
ERROR: error(#273) 1 compilation errors.  No code generated

And as I recall, you can't even stick a #version statement in vertex shader sources for GLES. This OpenGL 3 forward compatible context is a bit screwy anyway, 90% of the primitives addon doesn't work with it due to using outdated API, so it's not like it will be all peachy once we find a solution for these #version issues.

I'm not going to work on this in the next few days, and I don't think this is too critical of an issue for now... so perhaps fix this for 5.2 but not block 5.1.6.

-SL