Re: [AD] shader addon

Should the shader API not be part of the core library?

Peter

One issue just occurred to me. The HLSL backend requires a hefty dependency to compile, the DirectX SDK (not the tiny version advertised in the readme). This doesn't seem to be too problematic for MinGW, but it is a big download (nearly 600 MB). Now that tiny version is likely on shady ground anyway (I can't even find it at its advertised location), so maybe this is fine. This probably isn't a show-stopper but just something to consider.

Michał, if you're listening, was it complicated to get MinGW to cooperate with that SDK?

-SL