Re: [AD] Allegro 5 MIDI addon

I think a MIDI add-on for Allegro 5 would be an excellent idea - even if it was just an add-on and not part of the core-library. In fact, the lack of MIDI functionality is one of the reasons I'm still using A4.

Is it just going to replicate the functionality of the A4 MIDI engine, or is it going to do things like be able to show which note is currently being played, or to allow the programmer to change tune/track-parameters such as the tempo, pitch, instrument etc. of a tune/track as it's being played? I've written some code for the A4 MIDI engine that does both these things - see http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/596941/758322 . BTW. Many of the links in my post are dead, so here's some up-to-date links.
http://www.midi.org/aboutmidi/tutorials.php
http://www.blitter.com/~russtopia/MIDI/~jglatt/
http://www.blitter.com/~russtopia/MIDI/~jglatt/tech/miditech.htm
http://www.blitter.com/~russtopia/MIDI/~jglatt/tech/midispec.htm