Re: [AD] Loading non-unicode TTF fonts

On Fri Aug 31, 2012, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2012, at 16:41 , Michał Cichoń wrote:
> > Yes, we can. I just don't feel this is our responsibility.
>
> Look.
> If there is a perfectly valid file out there that Allegro should load but
> doesn't, how is that not our responsibility to fix?
>
> > If you're about to apply this patch I will insist on warning message.
>
> I'm not about to apply anything, someone else will have to do that or it'll
> have to wait until I get round to setting up my local Allegro sandbox to
> use git. Apart from that, what type of "warning message" do you mean?
> There is a note in the patch I included, but that could be clearer/more
> verbose. Do you mean a message printed to the Allegro log file? A message
> printed to the terminal? The latter doesn't sound like a great idea to me.
>
> Or the patch could be a bit better in checking whether the encoding it sets
> makes some sort of sense, for instance an encoding where the standard ANSI
> range is defined but nothing else.

I don't think a warning is needed. Its a typical type of work-around allegro
is used to doing for various situations that come up when trying to do cross-
platform stuff consistently.

While its not something I directly care about, I say apply the work-around, so
long as its been properly reviewed ;D

> Evert
> --- Live Security Virtual Conference

Thomas Fjellstrom