Re: [AD] switching to git, 2012 edition

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 00:46:15 +0200, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:48:51 +0200
> Elias Pschernig <info@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Also, I'm thinking about a hook which makes sure that both user.name
> > and user.email of the committer are in authors.txt and otherwise
> > reject the push. I see myself using random names whenever I commit
> > from some place besides my standard git folder otherwise. (Not sure
> > that is a problem...)

Don't you have the username/email set globally?  I guess I will try to
use my sourceforge email for Allegro stuff, but that's still only two
workspaces I have to configure.

One of the good things about git is that outside contributors can have
their commits credited to them.  Does the hook handle that?

Peter