Re: [AD] index for documentation

On 01/13/2012 03:16 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:41:15 -0700, Jon Rafkind <workmin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> You mean just an alphabetical list of functions, or something better?
>> I would be happy with an alphabetical list of functions.
> For HTML, you can generate a file like:

>     * [al_create_display]
>     * [al_destroy_display]
>
> following the example of docs/scripts/make_dummy_refs.c.
> You can use the aatree structure to sort, or simply qsort.
> Hook that up to the build system and add it to sidebar.
>
> Maybe create a section for each initial letter (not including al_ and
> ALLEGRO_ prefixes).

I haven't done the section for the starting letter yet, does anyone think its needed? The page looks a little bare at the moment. It could use a nice header at the top that says 'Index' or something.

I must say that the entire doc system (cmake + utilities in C) made this whole adventure much more time consuming that it should have been. That is, it would have taken a few minutes in perl/python.