Re: [AD] index for documentation

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:41:15 -0700, Jon Rafkind <workmin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/13/2012 02:37 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:20:01 -0700, Jon Rafkind <workmin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Is it possible to generate an index for the A5 documentation? Quickly googling around for pandoc and index leads to people making them in latex.
> >>
> >> I know the search box can be used as a pseudo-index thing but I don't like to use it that way.
> > You mean just an alphabetical list of functions, or something better?
>
> I would be happy with an alphabetical list of functions.

For HTML, you can generate a file like:

    * [al_create_display]
    * [al_destroy_display]

following the example of docs/scripts/make_dummy_refs.c.
You can use the aatree structure to sort, or simply qsort.
Hook that up to the build system and add it to sidebar.

Maybe create a section for each initial letter (not including al_ and
ALLEGRO_ prefixes).

Peter