Re: [AD] iOS multiple screen support plans

On November 3, 2011, Michał Cichoń wrote:

> On 2011-11-03 08:12, Matthew Leverton wrote:

> > On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Trent Gamblin<trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I think the terminology should simply reflect whatever structure has

> > changed.

> > If this means that al_get_num_video_adapters() increases by one, then

> > the event should be ALLEGRO_EVENT_VIDEO_ADAPTER_ADDED (or something

> > like that). If an existing video adapter now has new monitor

> > information retrievable via al_get_monitor_info(), then it should be

> > ALLEGRO_EVENT_MONITOR_CONNECTED.

> > It could be that both events should exist and be triggered one after

> > the other. In that case, we could probably hold off on the

> > VIDEO_ADAPTER event until it is more meaningful in other contexts.

In allegro's case it really doesn't care about separate adapters and monitors. things like XRandR care, but thats for pretty low level reasons. In X at least, when you plug in a new monitor, you'll get a new adapter, as I didn't enumerate adapters that weren't enabled (I can, but I didn't think it was useful).

> Maybe instead providing such detailed messages it will be enough to tell

> about change in display layout? Message will be send and user will have

> a chance to invalidate his display setup.

At least in X, allegro keeps a mapping, so the existing adapters never lose their ID.

--

Thomas Fjellstrom

tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx