Re: [AD] al_set_win_dll_path

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:47 AM, Elias Pschernig
<elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would work for me. However I feel tying RESOURCES_PATH to the location
> of runtime DLLs is a bit inflexible.

That's not really the association. RESOURCES_PATH is in respect to
bundled data, which is somehow related to the exe by definition. It is
not meant for data that was installed by an installer (/usr/share or
c:\programdata)... Those are all installer specific, and there's no
way for Allegro to reliably detect those at run time in any meaningful
way. (I.e., you're just as well off having a DATA_DIR constant that
you define yourself in that case.)

The only association I was suggesting was tying runtime DLLS to the
location of the exe via that user function.

--
Matthew Leverton