Re: [AD] al_set_win_dll_path

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 17:03 -0500, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Not sure if this type of thing applies to Linux / OS X as well, but
> >> the above could solve it for all platforms. But if this is only ever a
> >> Windows problem, then the above is just over engineering.
> >
> > Linux and OS X have LD_LIBRARY_PATH and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and iOS has no
> > shared libraries, so it is only a Windows problem with the platforms we
> > support now.
> >
> And Windows has "PATH".
>
> Does Allegro do something that makes that not work? (Windows looks for
> DLLs in PATH.)

Yes, and PATH worked in the past. But this patch changes it to hardcode
the path to next to the .exe:

https://github.com/elias-pschernig/allegro5/commit/eb6b8581cde7ff7170996fcbc725e7b66efb1f84#src/win/wsystem.c

With my new function I simply allow specifying that location properly
(my .exe basically is "game.py" and not "python.exe").

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>